wtorek, 31 października 2023

Clickteam Fusion 3 is dead. What's now?

 

Hi I guess... I'm well aware that my last post have been 2 years ago. From that time I tried many things in Clickteam Fusion 2.5 in order to get my base Fengine working like I wanted it to work. Unfortunately, every time I wanted to create something, I felt limited by the archaic engine abilities. Clickteam promised Clickteam Fusion 3, which I was waiting for about 4 years now to help me create everything I want. As we all know right now, it all was just a lie. Clickteam Fusion 3 never existed or it will just never be released to the public. 

That's why I started exploring other, more advanced engines that don't limit the user. 

I tried Unity without any success. I hate how C# works. Whole Unity Editor feels really dumb and not created to properly create 2D Platformer

I tried Unreal Engine without any success. I hate C++ and Blueprints seems as limiting as events in Clickteam Fusion. Also everything wanted me to create a game in 3D, not in a 2D.

Finally after the drama about Unity, I heard about Godot and tried it. I immediately felt in love. It has a separate tabs for editing 2D and 3D and 2D editing felt like butter. Easy to understand and edit GDScript based on Python, working (mostly) TileMaps, a proper 2D editor and many more. It just feel like what Clickteam Fusion 3 was supposed to be and I'm glad it didn't work out, because the licensing would probably be as bad as for Clickteam Fusion 2.5. On the other hand, Godot is created by community for the community for free with open source. 

That's why I left my .mfa file to rot and die and started to port the project to .godot. Right now I'm almost finished porting all of the stuff I've been working for YEARS in Clickteam Fusion 2.5 to Godot in just a month - this is how big jump it is. If you're in any case still interested in updates about my project - Fengine is dead, but my project is not. It will not be Fennec 2. However, it will be an expansion of this universe. A real start after the Origins and Royal story with a real story and polished gameplay. This time there will be no compromises. It must be perfect. It must be my Opus Magnum. Stay tuned, because more news are incoming pretty soon.

Brak komentarzy: